Summary

Well, the Golden Retriever isn't a puppy anymore and the plus one is almost 3. It's craziness here!!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Owls

I have been posting a lot about the baby so I need to get back to the house.  Our biggest issue right now is that we have a woodpecker that is trying to nest in our house.  It is quite a persistent little bugger.   We had the house sprayed with a repellent, fake owls were hung and the holes were covered. Despite all these efforts to keep them away,  I still heard a knocking on the house.  I ran outside and found the woodpecker with another hole in the house.  This was the first time I actually heard him at work!  So they returned with more repellent.  Woodpeckers are protected, not allowed to trap or kill them....  so we are stuck with our owl decorations.
 This one is on the back of the house.


 You can see there are holes despite the scary owl!


So now we have two scary owls...  hope it works!!

2 comments:

  1. Not really, although I think that they have attracted a real owl. I've heard "hoohing" several mornings. We ended up hanging bird netting on the side of the house to deter the birds and so far that has worked.

    ReplyDelete