Summary

Well, the Golden Retriever isn't a puppy anymore and the plus one is almost 3. It's craziness here!!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 resolutions

       I'm only 9 days late with my resolutions but better late than never.  I suppose most of our year is going to revolve around having a baby.  That's going to happen weather I resolve to do it or not!  One of my baby books told me I needed to decide on a parenting style.  I thought that my parenting style would just be to try to survive but I guess I should put a little more thought into it than that.  I don't want to be a crazy control freak (yeah, that's going to be really hard for me) but also don't want to let the kids rule the roost.  I guess my first resolution is to come up with parenting goals.  Any ideas on books to read or some simple points to focus on would be welcome!
       I have never been good at sending cards on time.  Birthday cards, anniversary cards, sympathy cards, etc. all become so late the I often don't even send them.  How rude!!  My resolution this year is to send cards on time.  I have a card organizer already but that didn't seem to be enough to get me going....  I'm going to get all the cards for the entire year ready to go, addressed, stamped and in one place by the back door so they are ready to write a little message and go.
       I feel I should also have a resolution to lose all my baby weight, but I suppose that is every one's goal after they have a baby.  I've also read that it takes at least 9 months to get your body back so that would put me right at the end of the year.  I don't want to put too much pressure on myself but a goal is always good to have!  We'll see how this goes with a new baby and working full time....
SO:
1)  Have a baby, survive and even have some goals as to how to raise this little one. (she just kicked me pretty hard, like 'yeah right, I'm in charge')
2)  Send out cards on time
3)  Loose my pregnancy weight by the end of 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,
    I loved "Dare to Discipline" by James Dobson. His advice is so practical. You can probably go to the Focus on the Family website and get CD's of him talking about it. You can listen to them on your way to work.

    As far as baby weight goes, I never lost mine until I quit breastfeeding. It didn't seem to matter how much I gained with the pregnancy (Anne-35lbs., Dave-22lbs. and Katie 27 lbs.), two weeks postpartum, I had 10 lbs. to lose. Don't worry about it. I bought a couple pairs of cheap pants to get me through until I lost the weight. Of course, everyone is different. Some people lose while they're breastfeeding. Hopefully, you'll be one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to Dare to Discipline, I also like the Love and Logic series of books by Kevin Lehman. You will be a great mom no matter what style of parent you decide to be. : ) (and as a side note, I think your personality dictates more of what style parent you'll be than anything else). I can look back now and say that I wish I'd been a little less serious about some things, and had enjoyed the kids more. But thats stuff you learn as you go. Live and learn I guess!

    ReplyDelete