Summary

Well, the Golden Retriever isn't a puppy anymore and the plus one is almost 3. It's craziness here!!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beach Themed guest room

I've been trying to put together a beach theme to our guest room downstairs but just haven't been able to find the perfect pieces.  I found some curtains quite a while ago as we needed something to filter the light.  I also had a few pictures and a mirror that reminds me of a boat porthole.  I combined that with a left-over comforter that Rob and I didn't want and ended up using a chair for a night table.  It wasn't working for me....

We are going to have house guests for a few weeks.   Rob's friend is working on moving back to Omaha and found someone to rent their house, quickly.  They were homeless and we are glad to help out our friends.  There is a room and bathroom in the basement so they will have their own space.  Two days ago I decided it was time to make some changes to the room (yes, they move in tomorrow).  A few night table's from Ikea ($39 ish each), lamps from Bed Bath and Beyond ($30 each with coupons of course), a new duvet cover from Ikea ($49), a few extra accessories for around $10 each, and hanging my favorite lighthouse pictures of Muskegon and Grand Haven's lighthouses and I'm going to consider this room complete!!  Here it is:




Hope our guests enjoy their beach oasis!

1 comment: