Summary

Well, the Golden Retriever isn't a puppy anymore and the plus one is almost 3. It's craziness here!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sept. 11, 2011

Wow, 10 years.  I remember exactly where I was, I'm sure most people do.  I was at home in Michigan, a few months before my wedding, before I started my first job as a PA.  I was sleeping, my mom came in to wake me up.  I think that we watched TV coverage all day while we ironed table cloths for the wedding.   It still just makes my heart ache.  I guess that is a good thing, I don't want to forget what happened.  We watched the live coverage on MSNBC and it was just what I was watching that morning 10 years ago. 
It made me think how things like this are different now that I have a child.   My first birthday as a mother was kind of the same way, just different.  It's not about me anymore.  I am so grateful for a happy healthy baby that I couldn't even think of what I wanted for my birthday.  The 10th anniversary was different too.  We were watching a really interesting account of 9/11 on CBS and I was crying, of course.  Maddy started jumping in her baby station and smiling at me and it just melted my heart.  I smiled and clapped and said "YEAH, Maddy is jumping".  It makes me just all the more grateful that we are all healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment