Summary

Well, the Golden Retriever isn't a puppy anymore and the plus one is almost 3. It's craziness here!!

Monday, August 9, 2010

BABY!!!!!

Our plus one....we are going to have a baby!   He or she will join our family around March 20th, 2011.   I first discovered that I was pregnant while in our apartment just after Rob left for Duke.  I don't know why I waited until he left to take the test but I did.  I had to wait over 24 hours for him to get home as I really didn't want to tell him this kind of news over the phone.   He was pretty shocked and suggested we celebrate with dinner at Wildfire.  I have been feeling pretty tired and nauseous but doing well overall.   We went to the doctor Friday for the first visit but she had to reschedule due to an emergency c-section.  I did get to do the ultrasound and see the heartbeat (171 bpm).
Rob had some funny comments about the ultrasound.  She pointed out a lot of things, my ovaries, the yolk sac, some ligaments, etc...  After she left Rob was shocked, "there are a lot of things in there, I think that is the lost pizza cutter".   He was surprised that he could easily make out the baby.  I was just excited to see a heartbeat and relived to see that everything is going well.  So excited to experience this baby growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment